Sunday, November 20, 2011

This week is Thanksgiving. This is my favorite holiday. I love the Fall weather. I love the fact that it's one day and it's a relaxing day. People just get together and eat and talk and are generally happy. There are no expectations like at Christmas with the gifts and decorations.
I have wonderful childhood memories of Thanksgivings at my house with my parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents...
We always played football and watched football. My aunts and uncles were so loving and I loved my cousins. The food was always good, but not the most important thing.
This year will be different for me and my children. This is the first Thanksgiving and the first holiday we'll celebrate as a family of divorce. It's also the first holiday I will include a son-in-law. It's all somewhat bittersweet. I'm a little nervous about cooking a turkey, actually a turkey breast! I've never cooked a turkey before! My mom or husband has always cooked or smoked the turkey. Should be interesting!!!
I will begin making new memories this week. At 50 years of age, I will begin making new memories...
I believe the first memory will be a happy one.