Sunday, October 2, 2011

I had big plans for this weekend, but the closer the weekend got those big plans began to change. My friends started backing out. One got sick and the others decided not to go for a variety of reasons. At first I was pretty put out. I did not want to spend the weekend doing nothing. I did not want to be alone!
Well, you know what, I was pretty much alone and it was ok. I did see my son and then had a quiet supper with a friend at her home, but I did not get dressed and go out on the town.
I really believe God was showing me that I will be ok if I am not with a bunch of people all the time. I've been afraid of being lonely. This weekend helped me to see that I need some time to myself. I need to be alone, without the prospect of having someone to turn to all the time, to know who I am.
I prayed to God a lot this weekend. I asked him to keep depression away. I asked him to give me strength to be by myself and to not dwell on things that I do not have control over. He answered my prayers! When I look back on this weekend, it was a good one. It was relaxing and I was/am happy. God answered my prayers in more than one way this weekend!