Monday, October 17, 2011

Young love or new love is so sweet. I am encouraged when I see people in love. Smiles are so genuine, looks between two people in love are deep and intense, faces are relaxed. It's a beautiful thing!
Now, do I want to be in love? I don't know. I believe what I want is to have that feeling of excitement that comes with discovering new love.
I'm not a big Reba fan, but she has a new song that says what I am trying to say. I think it's called Chelsea's Song or something like that. It's a conversation between an old man whose wife has died and a stranger. The man is talking about his late wife with love and affection. Reba sings that all women want "to be someone's Chelsea." I want to be someone's Chelsea.
If we're honest with ourselves we all want to be wanted and needed. We all want to be pursued, courted. There is nothing more uplifting than to know someone desires us in one way or the other.
The trick for women is to learn to lift ourselves up; to have the strength within ourselves to be happy and content with out a man having to tell us how wonderful we are.
As I've said in previous posts, I am learning to love myself and to be honest with myself. It really does feel good when I trust my instincts and do what's best for me. Although it's easier, I still have to talk myself through some things before trusting myself or God. I believe that is human nature and with practice can be overcome.