Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas! I just returned from midnight Mass that actually ended at midnight! That's ok though. It was beautiful and peaceful.
Tonight was the first Christmas in 28 years that I was not with anyone in my family. I've been slightly on edge this week and I'm sure that it is because I knew I would be without family.
I wasn't alone though. I had a friend come over, cook steak for me and spend the evening with me. He even went to Mass with me! The first time in his 50 years he's ever been to a Mass.
God was/is good to me. DUH! He didn't allow me or my friend to be alone tonight. Even if we had been physically alone, we would have had God with us. We are never alone, ever! What an awesome realization! Sometimes I "realize" this more than other times.
I am blessed!