Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I've always been a forgiver... Not anymore

Why do people lie? Why do people, specifically those who profess to love us, lie to us? I'm not talking about "little white lies," but it's dumb to lie about "little things" anyway.
When confronted head-on with a specific question, some people will lie to your face and justify it by saying it's because they did not want to hurt you. What the liar doesn't think about is how it feels when you ultimately find out the truth (and we know the truth ALWAYS comes out). The hurt and betrayal felt at that point, in my mind and heart, is worse than if I'd been told the truth in the beginning. When the lie is exposed then I have to deal with the truth of the original lie and the fact that someone (who professed to love me) didn't think enough of me to tell me the truth in the first place.
I. HATE. LIARS.
You lie to me, I'm through with you. It's very empowering to me to say that and mean it! I know I have to forgive the lie, but I do not have to forget and continue to allow the liar to be a part of my life.
Yes, I'm angry today.