Saturday, July 23, 2011

I've been away for the week visiting family. It was good, but hectic and bittersweet. I came home to a mess, but maybe I made more of it than necessary. What I've decided is I have to be true to myself. I have to do what's best for me, but not at the expense of others, especially those I love. I have to say what I feel, but in an honest and tactful way.
I have information about a situation that involves me directly and a couple of people I love dearly. I want to tell these people the truth, but I've decided that it's not my place to tell them the whole truth, but I'm also not going to hold back when they finally do hear it and question me about it.
I'm going to the source of the information and telling that person to come clean. I'm telling that person I'm not covering for them any longer. By doing this I'm "killing two birds with one stone." I'm letting the source of the information know I know the truth and I'm not covering for them any longer. If the conversation comes up, this person will know I'm not going to hold back. In doing this, my goal is to get the source to take responsibility for the situation they created.
I am going to be honest, just like I stated in an earlier blog. I am not going to lie. I feel like crap when I do, even when it concerns something trivial.
Be true to yourself! Do what's best for you because you have to live with yourself.