Monday, July 25, 2011

Last night I said I was going to be true to myself and confront someone about lying. Well, I did it today and it wasn't as liberating as I thought it would be. Getting things "off my chest" was/is a relief and having the truth finally admitted was like having a ton of bricks lifted off my shoulders. However, knowing that I caused someone pain (no matter that everyone swears to me it was deserved) is not a good feeling. I guess I'm not as tough as I like to think I am or portray to others!!
I still believe I, we, have to be honest and truthful, but it's hard stuff!! The fact that I have been honest with myself and those I've talked to about the situation is a huge step for me. The fact that I have admitted out loud that the whole situation has made me a little sick instead of joyful, revenge is not sweet, leads me to feel somewhat better.
I still say be honest. Be true to yourself. If we don't take care of ourselves, we will be taken advantage of. We are our only advocate. However, if you're not used to doing these things, be prepared for the awkward feelings you may experience!!