Thursday, August 18, 2011

I just made a list of things I want in and for my life moving forward from today. It was really easy! The hard part is going to be making the list a reality.
Sometimes I think I'm moving right along, doing what needs to be done to make things happen. Then I'm confronted with a situation that is directly involved with something on the list and I falter. In other words, I'm given an opportunity to accomplish or at least move a little closer to accomplishing something on the list and I hesitate or lack the courage to act. (Courage is something on my list!)
The ticket here is to acknowledge the fear and move forward anyway. I so admire people that can do that! These are the people who make millions of dollars or who are the happy, carefree people we all envy. These are the secure people in the world. Those that walk around naked, literally and figuratively, and never care or even realize they're naked!
Children are like this. They are so uninhabited, so fearless! They believe they can do anything and everything is play.
I know in reality that kind of life is not reality, but I so wish I had just a little bit of that inhabition and courage!