Monday, August 1, 2011

I could not sleep last night. I'm not a night person, but at 11:00 last night I was wide awake. At midnight I turned my light off and slept for about 2 hours before waking. I was up for almost two hours. My mind was whirling. This happens sometimes, not often, but when it does my mind is always whirling. "Too many minds," is my explanation.
I wasn't thinking of too many things last night, but rather one thing, one person. My relationship with this person is new and interesting. I've never met anyone like this person. I have learned a lot from him. (Yes, it's a man.) I think God has put him in my life to help me trust myself. He has helped me to slow down, listen, and think about things. He has no idea that he is helping me find myself! Writing this blog is helping me find myself. At 50, I am finding myself! Crazy, but cool! Trust and reality are key to that happening. Everyday I am confronted with being open with myself and others in my life and it's scary, but so worth it!