Monday, September 26, 2011

Well, things didn't work out the way I had hoped. My friend has backed off. I did get to apologize and the apology was accepted. Actually, he laughed at the fact that I was apologizing. Apparently he didn't think I'd been mean or out of line. Whatever.
Now I have to do what I said I'd do last night. I have to trust in God's plan. I have to trust that what my friend told me is true. I have to trust that this horrible feeling of hurt is leading to a new, wonderful phase in my life.
God promises that if we trust Him, peace and happiness will be ours. I'm not sure why we have to hurt so much to be happy, but sometimes we do.
On another note, today was not all hurt filled. In my last post I mentioned having to forgive people. This morning I called and told someone I forgive him and hope he will eventually forgive me. I told him I want him to be happy. I didn't get the response I expected, but you know what, I have felt such joy and peace since that conversation! It is awesome knowing that I can and will experience that feeling again. I just wish it would hurry and get here!!